The council of Dato’-Dato’ Negeri Kedah was founded on 4th November 1996.
Objectives and Principles
- Provide support and encouragement in any objective that provides the effectiveness and excellence of the position of His Majesty the Sultan of Kedah and the Kedah State Government.
- To strengthen the relationship among the members who have been awarded the Kedah State Honorary entitled Dato’.
- Keeping the glory of the Kedah State Honorary title which was awarded to members.
- Acting as a representative body of the members.
- Encourage members to provide any services, experience, knowledge and effort for the good of the community and the society.
- Collaborate with any Society / Association of Datuk-Datuk throughout Malaysia to review and exchange ideas for the benefit of members, the Kedah State and the country.
- Safeguard the interests and welfare of the members.
- Printing and publishing various magazines, pamphlets and books containing information, descriptions and statements to be distributed to members.
- Have property including land and buildings and shall be placed under the authority of three trustees.
- Hold a special fund or foundation for education and general welfare.
Clause 3 : Motto